Sunday, September 12, 2010

Typical School Year Sunday

Today was my first "typical school year Sunday" which goes like this...

- sleep until I am pretty well rested and recovered (until 9sh)
- wake up (that takes about an hour)
- work on lesson plans
- grade papers
- laundry
- put grades in gradebook
- church
- grad work
- bed

Doesn't that sound fun?! If I'm lucky, my parents will call us and invite us to lunch (on them) but that doesn't happen to much anymore but I still enjoy it when it does (hint hint) :)

I'm now a football widow since the season started. Blake spends most of his Saturdays watching NCAA and Sundays watching NFL. I will say that he did go into work Saturday morning and still mows the lawn, etc. Don't want you to think he is a complete bum. :) P.S. He totally walked behind me twice while I was typing this and did not notice I was talking about him. :) :)

So yesterday I applied to be an official grad student :) So far I have been a "non-degree seeking student" because I missed the deadline for the application. I was able to apply to be a non-degree seeking student and take up to 12 hours. That is how I was able to take 9 hours over the summer (which was CRAZY) and 3 hours right now this fall. 

Yesterday, I also worked in the yard. 
This is the bane of my existence right now.   
Originally there were four of the bushes
Those plants end up really big with feathery things on top and I really really didn't like them. I managed to take three of them out and just have this last one to yank out of the ground. 

There were also all these little rocks all around the area.
 They are also really annoying! Grass and weeds would grow between them and I just think they look ugly. So I started taking them out and putting them in gallon bags. Why gallon bags? Because these rocks are HEAVY even in gallon bags. Several hours later, this is how far I've gotten.
See how much better it looks!!
 Now being the packrat/not wanting to waste anything person that I am, we now have tons of rocks. This is what the side of the garage looks like. Keep in mind I'm only about 1/5 of the way through since these rocks are ALL over our flowerbeds...
Does anyone need any rocks?
 Like I said before, there is still a ton of work left to be done but I'm pleasantly surprised to find how much I'm enjoying working on the yard. I just wish I had more time and the weather was cooler. :)

Ok, time to stop procrastinating and finish up my lesson plans. Even though it occurred to me today that I'm going to end up changing all of them the night before because it never goes as planned and so I have to change everything up. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have tried to join be a "follower" a million times and it wont let me! Just want you to know :)

    ReplyDelete