Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Too Busy!!

So part of the reason I wanted to start this was to help me remember all the small things that happen in my life that make me smile. Then life gets in the way. :)

Last week was SUPER busy. It was a very stressful week but my students always find a way to make me smile and remind me that it is all worth it.

On Tuesday, I was in the drive thru at Whataburger thinking through lesson plans for the next day (what a surprise) when I see a silhouette in the car in front of me moving back and forth. It was one of my students waving at me! I know it is really random but I love seeing students outside of the classroom (most of the time, there are times when I see them when I am running errands with no makeup and look horrible, those times not so much)

Then was the first Curious! Last year, Blake and I began working with junior high students at our church, Faithbridge. I worked with 6th grade girls and Blake with 7th grade boys. This year, we both moved up with our students and I was SO excited to see them! My partner and I had 14 girls from our group show up!!! One of those good problems to have. One of the best parts was that one of my girls told me that she had to write a paper on someone who impacted them and she wrote about me! So flattering and a needed reminder that the time commitment is so worth it.

The weekend was NON stop which ended with me throwing up at school yesterday and Blake and I both having a stomach virus. But that story is for another blog post. BEDTIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment