Monday, September 27, 2010

Crazy Couple Weeks

Like I mentioned in the last post, these past two weeks have been CRAZY! I will start at the beginning (a good place to start) and but I won't promise my thoughts will always go in order. Speaking of, I heard that Oprah might have a Sound of Music reunion on her show sometime in October!!! I really hope it happens!!! (If you don't know how I made that jump, you really need to learn more about musicals)

So last Friday night (not this past weekend but the one before) we hung out with some friends downtown. Always fun but most Fridays I am exhausted and not always good company. Good thing my friends put up with me anyway. :) Blake and I ended up leaving early (around 10:30) because we get tired pretty early nowadays (sad, I know). 

As you can tell, I have really enjoyed working in my yard and trying to make it somewhat presentable. I got up earlish Saturday morning and ended up working in the yard from 8:30-11:30. Yes, I got a lot done (and battled with that last bush for an hour), but I also mangaged to give myself a migraine. :( Then we cleaned our house for Blake's birthday party but since I had a migraine, I wasn't a good hostess. Luckily, it was more of a guys' night so my friends Shelley and Katherine went to dinner without me and then we all watched a movie. I also got to play with Shelley's baby Jackson (3 months). :)

Sunday was 4 hours of errands and 8 hours of work stuff :(

Then like I mentioned, I came home sick from school Monday and Blake and I spent all afternoon/night in bed. I even had to call my mom to come take care of us because we did not have any 7up or saltine crackers in the house. This was the first time both of us were sick and we definitely learned our lesson. 

Tuesday was another 11 hours of work. Wednesday was our 5 year anniversary of being together so I already knew it was a special day. Little did I know my best friend Katherine would give birth to her daughter Isabelle that day! I was so excited to hear that baby and Momma were doing well and could not wait to meet her and congratulate her lucky parents.I had a training afterschool and my other best friend, Sarina, and I were trying to figure out if we could visit that night for a teeny bit since we both had Open House the next night. We never ended up hearing from them so being the presumptuous friends we are, we went over anyway. None of you will be surprised to hear that I started crying the second I saw both of them.This is the first of my close friends to have a baby and I have felt so honored to have been part of this important part of our friends' lives. We have been praying for Isabelle and thinking about her and her growth for the last 9 months and can't believe she is finally here. I am also so proud of Katherine and have a new admiration for all mothers. Of course, I haven't been able to see them since then because Isabelle is not even a week old but I look forward to playing with her and reading with her whether she wants to or not. Yes, I will be THAT mommy's friend. I already am THAT aunt to my niece and nephew and they still love me more than Blake :)

Thursday was Open House. So of course I wake up early and do my hair and put on nice clothes, and get a flat tire on the way to school. Luckily, I had passed a cop so I turned around and he was nice enough to help me. He made sure to teach me how to change my tire (fyi: I know how to, but I would prefer help if possible) and he made sure to tell me that normally he doesn't help change tires but since I was a teacher he would help me. I only ended up 20 minutes late to school and my awesome coworkers covered for me until I got there. Of course when I got there, I still had sweat dripping all over and grease on my face and hands. Open House went well and all the parents seemed to be happy, thank goodness.

Friday was Blake's birthday!!! Unfortunately, he was sick so we just went to dinner and watched Star Trek, which ended up being better than I thought.


Saturday morning, I worked in the yard again but made an effort to stay in the shade as much as possible and take lots of water breaks. 
I finished taking out all the little rocks and planted Mexican Petunias that my mom gave me around the edges of the trees.
 These next pictures are not of my garden but they are of what my Mexican Petunias will look like when they grow. :)
Not my yard but maybe one day!
See how pretty!!!
 Next weekend I hope to plant my daffodils (my favorite flower) in the middle of the flower bed.
It looks so much better without those little rocks!!
 After the daffodils, this is my next project.
Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!!

The rest of Saturday was resting because I again, ended up giving myself a headache. Hopefully with this cool front we had pass through today, I won't be getting anymore heat headaches. *fingers crossed*

On Sunday, I spent 7 hours grading papers. Yes, you read that correctly. 7 hours. Then 3 more hours on lesson plans and grad assignment. It was really hard to work because it was beautiful outside and this is my view as I work.

But at least the Cowboys won. :) I wore my Cowboys shirt to lunch with my family on Sunday and they made fun of me. Who is laughing now?!! (I really don't get into NFL football but I had to put that last part since they made fun of me) 

And Sunday was also my Mommy's birthday! I love my mom so much and am so glad she is my mom. I love the relationship we have now that I am not older and not such a brat. 
Mother's Day 2010
From the wedding :)


Whew! Hopefully these next few weeks will be calmer and I can post more often and more fun random stuff. Congratulations if you made it all the way to the end of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment