Before they could be installed, we had to rip out the shelf already in there. The other Sunday, I was sitting on the floor looking at the shelf and trying to figure out how to take it out. I grabbed the cabinet door to help me stand up....and I ripped the cabinet frame off. :( (By the way, that was the 3rd thing I broke that day. I ripped off the toilet paper holder at my friends house, snapped her plastic spatula, and later that night, I through at pillow at (to?) Blake, missed and wiped out everything on his nightstand. Apparently I don't know my own strength.) Luckily for me, my awesome husband was able to fix it for me since the only night we had free to fix it, I was down with a migrane.
Needless to say, our cabinets aren't super sturdy (and I have been VERY careful when standing up) but they did get those shelves in there. After 4 hours of sawing and hammering, I was finally able to get the shelf out! BTW, Blake would have done it but he has been working crazy hours and I was home all day.
|After I took the shelf out.|
Once I had the drill charged, I was able to get it installed, no problem! Well, there was one thing. My arms aren't super long so I had trouble reaching the back of the cabinet. Luckily, I was able to stick my leg in the cabinet and then was able to reach the back.:) I decided to use this first set of shelves to organize our Tupperware.
|All in the drawers|
|Ta da!!! No more searching in the back!|