Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Long Time No Blog

So I was sitting at my computer trying to motivate myself to work and be productive on this cloudy Wednesday morning and I just can't do it. So I decided to blog to help me procrastinate. (shhhh don't tell Blake)

It has been a month since I last blogged and as you can tell, there has been a lot going on. Luckily, I feel like I have been doing better about taking time for myself and my work for school has slowed WAY down since I went back to teaching only Math and Science. My course for grad school for the fall is almost done ( 1 and 1/2) assignments to go and my prof is awesome and basically just said to get in all work by 12/6 and it will be fine. I *might* be able to get it all down this break if I can motivate myself. I registered for my next course with is called Professional Development: Strategies for Teachers.The official course description is "principles of organizational management, instructional design, and change in theory in framing professional development programs." I feel that professional development is very important in the teaching profession but unfortunately, many teachers find them boring, useless, and a waste of time. I have been to both good ones and bad ones and hopefully will learn how to conduct interesting training where the teachers can leave without feeling frustrated. A lot of people have asked when I will graduate and I would say in 2 or 3 years but I finally sat down and worked out a time line. My goal will be to graduate in August 2012! This will allow me to only take 1 course during the fall and spring semesters and I will take another 3 next summer (2011) and 2 the summer after (2012). 

Enough about all that. So our weekends have been pretty much jam packed since the middle of October. We went to Fredricksburg over Columbus weekend and we had a great time. We stayed in this awesome bed and breakfast called Hoffman Haus which was wonderful, except for the feral cats that hung out around our room. (Blake is allergic)
 The weather was beautiful and I mainly enjoyed the cheese at the wineries :)
This snake was outside one of the wineries. Yuck!

Sarina and I :)


I turned around and saw this bug and screamed. The people at the other table did not appreciate my screaming :(





Oh Blake. I'm so glad you put up with me and my picture taking :)
The next weekend, we drove to Dallas to meet up with Blake's mom, his sister, and her family. Since we don't get to see them very often because of we live so far from each other, we try to make our time together memorable. We had an awesome weekend together and definitely made some memories.



















Well, I'm late to meet Blake for lunch so I will have to come back and add captions to the pictures later....

No comments:

Post a Comment