Sunday, February 10, 2013

23 weeks

23 weeks

Everything went really well at our ultrasound. Before I get into it, here is the pic when the baby was 12 weeks old.

The head is on the left and belly on the right. :)

The baby looked great at the 20 week ultrasound. It was amazing to see him/her! We told the tech that we didn't want to know the gender so she told us to close our eyes whenever it got close to that area (not that I probably would have been to tell anything). At the beginning of the ultrasound, she was trying to get a profile pic but the baby turned and looked right at us! He/she kept opening and closing its mouth. The tech kept talking about its cute little nose which is definitely mine. :) He/she also has a nice big round belly which Blake says is from him. :) The funny thing is that the baby kept trying to show us its hips and lower region! I hear all the time about people who want to know the gender and the baby is being shy but ours isn't! The tech kept having to tell us to close our eyes. Everything appears healthy (we could even see different heart chambers!) and the baby was measuring right around 20 weeks. I'm relieved because I feel really big and worried the baby would be big but I think I just appear big because I'm short.

Our sweet baby at 20 weeks. the head is on the left again and there is a hand waving hi. Can you see my nose? I'm starting to get excited about meeting our little one and seeing what they got from me and what they got from Blake. 

I am happy to say that I'm not really throwing up much anymore but I still am getting an upset stomach every now and then but it is SO much better than before so I'll take it!!

Last week (22 weeks) the baby REALLY started to move. They were moving before but not as much. There was actually a cool moment Thursday night when I told Blake that the baby was moving a lot so he should try and feel it. He put his hand on my stomach and said "Kick baby" and it did! Of course Blake then said, "It knows its father was speaking to it"

The baby can hear now which is cool to think about. It has made me love worship at church even more because I feel like I am singing to/with my baby. :) It is more than 11 inches long and weighs over a pound and can feel me dance. Wonder what it will think during Zumba Thursday night? My feet and legs have started to hurt more and it is getting harder to move around. It is crazy to think that I'm only a little more than halfway through. I feel so much bigger!

My mom and I went shopping on Saturday because I have 2 weddings plus 2 rehearsal dinners, showers, and my 10 year reunion to find clothes for! I am normally not a shopper (much to my mom's disappointment) and we have different taste in clothes (she is much more fashion forward than I am) so much of the time I am more stubborn when we go shopping. Since I am pregnant and my choice are much more limited and my body is no longer my own, I just let her take over. Of course she loved it. I wish I could have gotten video of her running all around the store finding clothes for me to try on. I swear I tried on over 20 different things. Whatever she brought me, I put on. I think I ended up with some pretty good stuff so hopefully I'm set for awhile.

Tuesday we start our Bradley classes! I'm excited but a little nervous because it just makes the whole giving birth thing more real. The thing I keep reminding myself is that when it is all over, I will have our baby in my arms and it will all be worth it. 

That's all I can think of for now. I'll leave you with a spelling sentence one of my students came up with this week. "Mrs. Beaver is having 4 babies so she is grumpier than usual."

Oh! I forgot to post what Blake put together a couple weeks ago. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment