Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kansas

Hello from the Sunflower State! So you may be wondering what I am doing in Kansas. My dad grew up here and his 3 brothers and their familes live in Kansas. Of course now that my cousins are older, some of them have moved to other states.

Every summer my family would make the 14 hour drive to Kansas for a week to see everyone. It was always a fun time playing with all my cousins and catching up on what had happened in the past year. As we got older, it became harder to get everyone together which is I guess what naturally happens. The last time I was able to make it up here was in 2008 when my cousin got married. Luckily, everyone was able to make it down for my wedding in 2009 and it was really meant a lot to me that everyone made time to come down.

This is when I would post a picture of all my cousins and me from the wedding but I am on my grandparents' computer and it doesn't have my pictures on it. I am still working on getting my computer hooked up to their internet. :(

I wasn't orginally planning on coming this year because my summers are really busy (YES teachers work during the summer!), but I found out that my grandparents might not make it down to Houston this year. (Normally I am able to see them 2-3 times a year) I asked my parents when they were making the trip and checked my calendar. Turns out that I didn't have any trainings during this time and my grad class is over (thank goodness!) so I tagged along. :) I am so glad I did. I am enjoying my time with my grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins and they aren't even all here yet!

I am looking forward to having some down time. I am going to try and work on lesson plans, read, and hopefully catch up on my blogging. Once I can hook up my own computer, I can start adding pictures. :)

We get back on Monday and then my first official day at work is Tuesday. I have been up at school this past week working on my classroom and trying to get it together. I feel like I am finally starting to reach my teaching stride and I actually feel like I know what I am doing! I am about to start my 5th year of teaching and it still kinda blows my mind. I have on my blogging to do list to post about my goals for this year so hopefully I will be able to do that in my time here in Kansas. I'm really excited about this upcoming year but you will have to wait and read all about that later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment