Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Butterflies!

Quick post because it is a weeknight which means TONS to do. Thanks to growing caterpillars at school to show the kids the life cycle and the stories from my friend about ALL the butterflies in her yard, I have decided to try and get some to my yard!

Tonight I bought some butterfly weed to put in our backyard. I made sure to find one that had at least one egg on it so hopefully, we will have at least one caterpillar soon! I will have to take pictures later since I didn't think about it tonight.

I plan to start planning my vegetable and herb garden soon, but with TAKS and the end of my grad class coming up, I feel like I barely have time to breathe. Just a little over a week, and then it will *hopefully* be a lot easier, for at least a little while. :)

BTW, butterfly weed isn't super expensive and could be a fun project to do with your kids!

1 comment:

  1. How cool!! We need to get some for Isabelle. You need to plant that vegetable garden soon, you have to follow the plant growing guide for our area and I think the window of opportunity is closing! Hang in there....its almost over :)

    ReplyDelete